| | | |
Edmonton Transit System (ETS)
Edmonton Transit is the preferred means of student transportation for Edmonton Public Schools students.
All students registered in their designated district school who reside 2.4 km or more from their designated school are entitled to purchase an ETS school pass at a reduced fee, except for those students who are provided with another type of subsidized transportation service.
Use of ETS Student Bus Passes
- Students may only buy ETS student passes at their own school.
- ETS monthly student bus passes are valid for use seven days per week, including statutory holidays. These improved services will be reflected in wording printed on the back of bus passed beginning January 2009.
- ETS student passes are sold at the school office at the full student price each month, regardless of the date the pass is sold.
- For elementary students, damaged ETS passes will be replaced at no charge if the student:
- turns in an identifiable remnant; and
- shows their laminated school picture ID valid for the current school year which clearly identifies their name, school, age and grade.
Acceptable ETS Ride Times Standards
Edmonton Public Schools Student Transportation considers acceptable one way ETS service to a designated school as follows:
- Elementary (K - 6): 40 minutes and 0 transfers
- Junior high (7 - 9): 60 minutes and 1 transfer
- Senior high (10 - 12): 60 minutes and 2 transfers
Edmonton Public Schools Student Transportation meets with ETS staff regularly to discuss service concerns, improvements and initiatives. It is important that ETS knows what Edmonton Public Schools students and families expect from public transit. We appreciate feedback on ETS-related matters so that we can provide input to ETS. ETS will also accept phone calls, letters and e-mails with input and feedback directly from community members.
For more information, visit http://www.takeets.com
Back to top